You want the best food, toys and products for your pet and you care about the environment. We get that. And we think it’s all the more reason for you to shop at Pet Pangaea! At Pet Pangaea, we believe that the first step towards creating a happy, healthy life for your pets begins with a commitment to taking care of our planet. We are always looking for new and better ways to reduce our impact on the environment while continuing to provide the quality products and services you have come to expect from your friendly, local pet store.
That’s why we are excited to announce that beginning June 1st, when you place an order for delivery — using our brand new delivery service to Los Alamos and White Rock — your pet food and supplies will arrive at your door without a drop of gasoline being consumed, in a stylish, all-electric vehicle. A Nissan Leaf, to be exact.
Of course, in addition to our super-efficient delivery service, we also search far and wide to find the very best earth-friendly products for your pet. Whether you stop in for a visit or order online for delivery, you can rest assured that you will find a wide array of products — from toys and beds to poop bags and collars — that are fashionable, functional, and sustainable.
Here are just a few of our earth-friendly faves:
- West Paw Design — With their fantastic toys, beds, apparel and more, West Paw Design has made a commitment to “growing green” by reusing and recycling materials, minimizing waste, and seeking out eco-friendly components for all their products. Their packaging is made from recycled materials, and they even recycled their building during a recent expansion. Now that’s commitment!
- Big Shrimpy — Not only do they make some of the toughest, comfiest pet beds around, they are also experts on the three R’s — Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. In fact, since 2002, Big Shrimpy has recycled over 328,000 pounds of clean polyester fiber waste from North American manufacturers.
- Bionic — With their durable, Bionic Rubber® toys designed for aggressive “bionic play,” you can easily reduce the number of flimsy toys your dog destroys in a year (or a day!). The fact that their products are recyclable and eco-friendly materials is a big bonus.
- Planet Dog — “Think Locally. Act Doggedly,” is their slogan, and Planet Dog “romps the romp” by not only offering eco-friendly dog toys and hemp collars, but also donating 2% of their profits to an Eco-friendly cause.
- World’s Best Cat Litter — Pet, people and planet friendly, World’s Best Cat Litter uses a patented, advanced technological process and formula to utilize natural, renewable ingredients (whole-kernel corn and plant derivatives) to deliver outstanding performance in odor and clumping control.
- Biodegradable Poop Bags — Made from a combination of corn and other renewable products, these biodegradable poop bags the ASTM D6400 specification for biodegradability and compostability. They are shelf stable and have no chemical additives. The greenest way you can dispose of your dog’s waste, hands down.
- Cycle Dog — Collars, leashes, toys and more made from up-cycled bike inner tubes and other post-consumer recyclables. Awesome dog products from a company focused on the environment. What’s not to like?